Welcome to my Website! // About Maxr1998
Hey there! I'm Max Rumpf, a 20-year old student & hobbyist Android developer acting under the pseudonyme Maxr1998. I am Recognized Developer and Contributor on xda-developers.com.
In my free-time, I create apps and mods for powerusers, like MaxLock, an applocker, or HassDroid, a client for the Home Assistant home automation platform. View a list of my projects here.
I'm also active on various other sites, check out the links below. You can contact me via Telegram, as specified below.
Hardware & Software I use, like and recommend:
- Dell XPS 13 9360, i7-7560U, 16GB of RAM (powerful, well-built & good-looking device, with an insanely good screen and battery life)
- Arch Linux, on the above laptop
- i3wm, a fast and powerful window manager once you learn it - Link to my current config
- fish (much smarter auto-completion than bash, and a lot of cool additional features, but scripting in it is kinda weird)
- Vim, link to my config (I never thought I'd actually use this one day. I don't even now recommend anyone to use it, if you don't want to spend hours learning and configuring a *file editor*, but if you master it, it's FAST)
- German: natively
- English: very well (Camebridge English: Advanced certificate, CEFR level C1)
- French: ok (DELF certificate, CEFR level B1)
Programming languages/software/technologies I use(d)/work(ed) with
- Android/Java, Kotlin, XML
- Linux, shell scripting and server management
- C/C++ (in University)
- Haskell (workshop), Fortran (first experiences)
- Lua (ComputerCraft coding)
- Docker (because containers rule™)
- JIRA/Confluence (for our CampusApp)
Apps & Projects
HassDroid - an Android client for Home Assistant
Not maintained anymore, as I switched to Spotify.
Small code contributions and integration of ModernAndroidPreferences
Main author: 8bitPit
Xposed mod that backports features from Android Nougat to Android Lollipop and Marshmallow!
Contributions: Direct reply, Google Assistant, Partial screenshot, bugfixes, build server and issue management
Always On AMOLED
App which makes your device show the time & more when the screen is "off", just like the Galaxy S7!
Contributions: Pocket mode, bug fixes, etc.
Main author: Tomer Rosenfeld
… and even more
I also helped translating quite a few third-party apps to German, here are some of them:
- Always On AMOLED
- Android N-ify
- hellsCore Kernel Manager
- MultiROM Manager