Welcome to my Website! // About Maxr1998
Hey there! I'm Max Rumpf, a 22-year old student & hobbyist Android developer acting under the pseudonyme Maxr1998. I am Recognized Developer on xda-developers.com.
In my free-time, I create apps and mods for powerusers, like MaxLock, an applocker, or HassDroid, a client for the Home Assistant home automation platform. View a list of my projects here.
I'm also active on various other sites, check out the links below. You can contact me via Telegram, as specified below.
My GPG key:
- German: natively
- English: very well (Camebridge English: Advanced certificate, CEFR level C1)
- French: ok (DELF certificate, CEFR level B1)
Software experience/programming languages
- Android (Kotlin/Java)
- Linux, shell scripting and server management
- Web development (Ktor, Go, node.js, Tomcat, Django, WebGL)
- Telegram bots and command line apps in Go
- C, RISC-V Assembler (in University)
- Docker (because containers rule™)
- First experiences in Haskell (workshop) and Fortran
- Lua (ComputerCraft coding)
- Atlassian stack (for the CampusApp of Augsburg University)
- See my GitHub for more…
Projects & Contributions
Always On AMOLED
App which makes your device show the time & more when the screen is "off", just like the Galaxy S7!
Contributions: Pocket mode, bug fixes, etc.
Main author: Tomer Rosenfeld
Xposed mod that backports features from Android Nougat to Android Lollipop and Marshmallow!
Contributions: Direct reply, Google Assistant, Partial screenshot, bugfixes, build server and issue management.
Open-source firmware for AVR and ARM based mechanical keyboards.
Contributions: various improvements, code review, personal keyboard configurations and documentation improvements (including translation).
A modern + minimalist Android home screen optimized for one-✋ access and staying focused.
Main developer: Peter Huber (8bitPit)
Backend for Niagara Launcher
Software project for makandra
Score management system for tutorials
Jellyfin Media Server
Android app rewritten from scratch with a modern software stack, replacing the old Cordova-based client
I also helped translating quite a few third-party apps to German, here are some of them:
- Always On AMOLED
- Android N-ify
- hellsCore Kernel Manager
- MultiROM Manager
- Niagara Launcher