Welcome to my Website! // About Maxr1998
Hey there! I'm Max Rumpf, a 19-year old student & hobbyist Android developer acting under the pseudonyme Maxr1998. I am Recognized Developer and Contributor on xda-developers.com.
In my free-time, I create apps and mods for powerusers, like MaxLock, an applocker, or HassDroid, a client for the Home Assistant home automation platform. View a list of my projects here.
I'm also active on various other sites, check out the links below (if not blocked by your ad-block). You can contact me via Telegram, as specified below.
Hardware & Software I use, like and can recommend:
- Dell XPS 13 9360, i7-7560U, 16GB of RAM (powerful, extremely good-looking device, with an insanely good screen and battery life)
- Arch Linux, on the above laptop
- i3wm, a fast and powerful window manager once you learn it - Link to my current config
- fish (much smarter auto-completion than bash, and a lot of cool additional features, but scripting in it is kinda weird)
- Vim, link to my config (I never thought I'd actually use this one day. I don't even now recommend anyone to use it, if you don't want to spend more than 20 mins learning and configuring a FILE EDITOR, but damn, if you do, it's FAST)
- German: natively
- English: very well (Camebridge English: Advanced certificate, CEFR level C1)
- French: ok (DELF certificate, CEFR level B1)
Programming languages/technologies (now to the fun part)
- Android/Java***, Kotlin**, XML**
- Linux***, shell scripting**, Linux server management**
- C/C++** (learning in University)
- Haskell*, Fortran*
*: First experiences
Android app for Home Assistant
Currently unofficial, until the project gains enough traction and proofs commitment.
Xposed mod that backports features from Android Nougat to Android Lollipop and Marshmallow!
Contributions: Direct reply, Google Assistant, Partial screenshot, bugfixes, build server and issue management
Always On AMOLED
App which makes your device show the time & more when the screen is "off", just like the Galaxy S7!
Contributions: Pocket mode, bug fixes, etc.
Main author: Tomer Rosenfeld
I also helped translating quite a few third-party apps to German, here are all I remember:
- Always On AMOLED
- Android N-ify
- hellsCore Kernel Manager
- MultiROM Manager